Wednesday 24 September 2014

I LOVE Whipped Cream

No silly, not whipped cream as in whipped cream. Whipped cream as in Milk_Shake's leave-in conditioning foam! One of their best sellers on their website and definitely a new must have in my hair care routine.


I love everything about this product. The packaging, the colours, the name, the smell, the texture and the results! They really exceeded my expectations and they've gained a new fan of Milk_Shake hair care.

 Milk_Shake is a hair care brand offering quality products whilst also maintaining the natural beauty of hair!

I'll just be quickly reviewing the Whipped cream leave-in foam conditioning product. The description says "no rinse conditioning & protective creamy foam for all hair types". I love conditioning products, so winning this product on Twitter made me squeal with happiness. :)


Just to clarify - my hair is damaged to hell from bleaching, dying and heat stylers. My hair is naturally frizzy curly and I straighten most days.

The instructions says "shake well and hold upside down to dispense", the top of the bottle actually looks like a whipped cream can (intentional i'm guessing!). The foam is coloured white, super smooth and firm in texture, but at the same time remains light and fluffy which means it wont weigh your hair down with thick greasy products. The smell of this 'whipped cream' is absolutely delicious. I want to eat it. It smells like vanilla ice cream.
I think what is really unique about the whole milkshake range is that the products have milk proteins included. Hence the name of the brand, product name and smell!

"Apply to clean damp hair, then style", which is exactly what I did. In terms of styling, I decided to scrunch the foam as if it were curling mousse onto my hair. The product immediately separated my hair into more manageable non frizzy curls, which I left to naturally dry.


Usually when I let my hair dry naturally, the curls are frizzy and become matted at the back of my hair. After using this product I was actually able to run my fingers through (even the back) without getting into a tangled mess. My hair hasn't been this soft in a long time!

The product didn't feel heavy on my hair at all and completely non greasy. Which is always an issue I find with conditioning products, some products just leave your hair oily and then you have to wash it again.

It did feel like a little goes a long way, as I only applied a small blob in my hand it just kept expanding, more than I expected! So it's worth the money in the long run.

I've taken a picture of my hair right now, which is more frizzy than it was because I've been combing through with my fingers all day as it's so soft! but it's still pretty curly! Every time my hair moves you get a gorgeous waft of vanilla aromas. It's absolutely beautiful. - They should make a body butter ;)


I think I'll be buying another can of this tasty smelling product once this one runs out! Yum yum.

The 200ml Whipped Cream product is £15.29 on their website, which you can find here.

Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment: