Friday 19 September 2014

I LOVE Jileon Wellies


Just wanted to write a quick post today to give a shout out to brand that I have discovered on the interweb, who saved my butt this year when I went to my first festival.

So, I'm a big girl, big girls have chunkier legs, chunkier legs need wider wellies. Where are these wellies in the high street? It absolutely drives me up the wall. Do companies think we don't need boots and wellies? What about athletes with strong muscular legs and calves? Do they just not wear wellies?

I found out I was going to a festival this year and the one thing you need to take to a festival is wellies! I realized I hadn't worn a pair or wellies since I used to go camping when I was about 13. I remembered the struggle of wellies being tight back then. (I had pretty chunky muscular legs even then from swimming and cycling). The thought dawned on me that I knew I wasn't going to fit in the 'normal' calf sized wellies. I know there are some wider calf wellies out there, but they're not that much wider than the standard size, and when you have legs like mine, well you're screwed.

I spent ages, searching the web trying to find some wellies that extended or had more room, but none of them would have fitted. I spotted a brand called Jileon. I looked into them and found they had wide calf wellies up to 53cm for women and men! I couldn't believe it. Then it hit me, "ah I bet they don't have any nice styles and i'll be stuck with boring green". I couldn't have been more wrong. I fell in love with a pair of wellies that were pink and floral. What more could a girl want!

When I measured my calves they where 48cm, so I figured the 53cm would be plenty big enough. When I saw the price I was a bit hesitant, as they are pricey at £54.99 and £49.99 on their Amazon (+PP). But trust me when I say they are worth it. The delivery was super quick and you could track the wellies every movement with their delivery tracking feature. I imagine the cost is due to the fantastic quality, design and all the extra materials being fitted and fastened together. They will definitely last you a long time, and I very much doubt i'll be needing another pair to replace them any time soon.


As you can see in the picture above, the expandable bit is really, well, expandable. When you unbuckle the strap the material you see gathered together expands hugely. You will be surprised when you take them out of the box and see how wide they actually are!

The wellies are fashionable, comfortable and waterproof (obviously). I wore them for 3 days straight at a festival in which it had torrential rain and mud baths. Surprise surprise. The wellies survived both the rain and the mud, with no leakages, no sliding in the mud and no tears in the material.

The only downside is the buckles on my pair, and I think the company has recently solved this problem with 'clip-shut buckles'. Because the material is so smooth the buckle sometimes loosens and unravels which is kind of annoying, as you have to keep tightening them up.


As an addition, you can also purchase fleecy welly socks to accompany the wellies. I purchased bright pink ones and wore them at night to keep my toes warm. These socks were £7.99 on Amazon.




They also have some gorgeous polka dot ones which I have my eye on for my next purchase! ;)
So if you're a big girl (or guy) I really do recommend visiting their site and measuring up your calves. You will be surprised! This is the first time in a long time I've been able to wear wellies and there's no going back now!

http://www.jileon.com/

http://www.jileon.com/extra-wide-fit-wellies/

Thanks for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. Funky wellies! Nice post :)
    www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Such cute colours and design. I really need some wellies for winter.

    michellelouiselove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are fab! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment :) xx

      Delete