Thursday 18 September 2014

I LOVE SLEEP-IN-ROLLERS


I'm a huge fan of curly hair, so when I discovered SLEEP-IN-ROLLERS on Twitter, I knew I had to get them immediately. I'd seen mixed reviews (mostly good) boasting big bouncy curls and wanted to see what results I'd achieve with my own hair.

SLEEP-IN-ROLLERS are rollers, get this, that you can SLEEP in. Just to clear up any confusion ;). They are your typical Velcro rollers but they have a cushioned foamy inside that you can squish down but will always retain they're original shape. The idea being that when you put your pretty little head to sleep, the rollers will squish down making it a more comfortable experience. The Velcro outer layer is not attached to the foamy middle allowing a grip to be placed in this gap to secure the roller in place.



I purchased the Luxury Pink Glitter Gift set containing;
  • 20 Glitter Rollers
  • 20 Kirby Grips and drawstring pouch
  • DVD 
  • Drawstring Bag - To keep your rollers in



You can buy them from their site here;

The whole packaging and quality of the products were fantastic. I thought the glitter would be on both sides of the roller but i'm not going to loose sleep over it. 

So before I explain how my first SLEEP-IN-ROLLERS experience was...
I'd just like to state that my hair has been dyed, bleached, damaged and frazzled since I was 15, i'm now 20 and it's damaged to hell. It's slowly recovering from my last blonde adventure. My hair is naturally curly, but I straighten it most days. If I leave my hair to naturally dry it turns into some kind of frizzy curly tumbleweed that is un-brush-able. I'm mentioning my hair quality because I've read a few reviews from people explaining about their hair being so dead that the rollers didn't do anything to their hair.

Now that's out the way, here we go! 

I began by starting with freshly washed hair. Like really wet. Like I-just-got-out-the-shower-WET. I brushed my hair through to de-tangle any knots and then I began attempting to put in my SLEEP-IN-ROLLERS. I'm not the type of person that owns rollers so this was my first set in a long time.
The whole process of applying the rollers took about 20-30 mins and I fixed all of the rollers in place with grips - 2 for each roller to ensure a secure hold. I used no products just freshly washed wet hair. I left the rollers in from about 7pm till about 11am. Giving the SLEEP-IN-ROLLERS a good 16 hours to do something.

Now to put them to the real test. The question on everybody's minds is, 'where they comfortable to sleep in?'

The first time I slept in them, I'm not going to lie, I think it took me until 2am to finally fall asleep. I just couldn't get comfortable at all, especially with the Velcro itching my ears and neck all night. I couldn't sleep on my side, I had to stay on my back. The rollers just didn't squish as much as I'd of hoped them to. HOWEVER, I've tried these rollers at least 3 more times since then. Each time you find your own way of putting them in faster and in places where you know you'll feel comfortable when you sleep. I think it was just shock from sleeping with something around my head that made it difficult to sleep the first time. Now i'm used to it and wear them often! Don't give up first time round! GET YO MONIES WORTH GURLLLL! *snaps fingers*

The Results

I took these photos from the first time I used SLEEP-IN-ROLLERS... 







Now, I don't know about you but I was pretty impressed, my naturally curly hair is just frizzy curls, where these are just lovely wavy curly locks. I felt like I'd just had a professional Blow Dry. As I explained earlier I used no products and only styled my fringe with heat! So in my opinion, they work! I recommend them to people who are thinking of giving them a try. I do think that because my hair is kind of naturally curly this helped with the end result. I did struggle taking the rollers out, but I was careful to twist my finger around the lock of hair to secure the curl. If you just pull the roller out and don't twist it round your finger, you run the risk of the curl falling out and going frizzy. If you have naturally straight hair perhaps the results might be more of a wave? Before heading outside I lightly misted my hair with hairspray to seal the look! Let me know in the comments below if you have tried SLEEP-IN-ROLLERS and what your results where!

Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wauw, wat een fantastisch resultaat! En daarboven nog de schattigste rolletjes ooit! Ik wil ze al gewoon omdat ze er zoooo cute uitzien!

    ReplyDelete