Wednesday 17 September 2014

I LOVE Neutrals!


I Love Autumn, which means, more smokey browns and neutrals will be appearing! Yay :)
You really can't go wrong with a neutral smokey eye, it holds the perfect balance of creating that everyday look but having that "I made an effort today" impression. I love neutral smokey eyes, when you start to use darker blacks and greys it can start to look a bit scary and too dramatic for everyday wear, but this is just my opinion! Some people really can pull it off, but I need more practice!












To create this look I used a few of my favorite products.
  • Bourjois Paris Happy Light Primer - Matte Serum
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette 
  • Bourjois Paris 1 Seconde Volume Mascara in black
  • Essence Super Fine Liquid Pen Eyeliner
  • Essence I Love Smokey Eye Jumbo Pencil
  • Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil with Brush
But feel free to try and recreate the same look using your own similar shades if you don't have these products! 

You will also need some brushes! :)


Brushes pictured above;

  • (Clean) Fluffy Blending Brush - Topshop 
  • Deluxe Crease Brush - Real Techniques Starter Kit
  • Crease Line - MOXI Rose Gold Makeup brushes
  • Base Shadow Brush - Real Techniques Starter Kit
  • Accent Brush - Real Techniques Starter Kit

Step 1

You should always wear a primer if you're considering wearing your eyeshadow makeup look for a long period of time. This is just to ensure that your finished eyeshadow look, stays on your eyelids in the same way that you first applied it. (You don't want sweaty looking eyelids or eyeshadow doing a disappearing act.) 

I like to use Bourjois Paris Happy Light Serum in Matte to stop my eyelids looking shiny and to make my eyeshadow pigments stick better to my eyelids.

Step 2

I began by taking my Base Shadow Brush and mixing between 'Foxy' and 'Bootycall' and applied it to the tear ducts and inner corners of my eyelids. Apply this colour to the middle of your lid.


Step 3

 Using the same brush, mix 'Snakebite' and 'Suspect' together and apply to the center of the lids, moving towards the outer corners. Use Pistol on top of these colours to create a more metallic feel.



Step 4

Now pick up the brush I have labelled as 'Crease Line' and mix shades, 'YDK' and 'Busted' to create a dark brown. apply this colour on the crease line, staying only on this crease to create depth. Keep doing this until the colour is prominent or at least appearing darker than the previous shades used above.



Switch to the brush labeled 'Deluxe Crease Brush' and use this to blend the colours together moving in small circular motions. Continue doing this until the colour is evenly blended and there are no harsh lines. 

You can even use a 'Clean Fluffy brush' just to soften the outer shadow fading it out towards your eyebrow.

Step 5

When you have made sure everything is blended completely, we can then move onto lining the eyelid. I used Essence's Super fine Liquid Eyeliner, just because it helps create a finer line on my lid which is close to the lashline. You can use any eyeliner you're comfortable with. When you reach the end, slowly wing out the eyeliner to create a clean flick. I like to end the flick where the shadow fades out. 




Step 6

Using 'Busted', smudge just underneath your waterline to create that soft smokey effect, and finish by lining your waterline with a soft kohl black eyeliner. I'm using Essence's  I Love Smokey Eye Jumbo Pencil because it creates that perfect black smokey look.



Don't forget to fill in your brows! ^

Step 7

Use your favorite mascara to complete the look! 





This picture was taken with my DSLR - to show the colour comparison from my phone to my camera x


Thanks for reading! Good Luck :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow - your eye makeup looks gorgeous! I love the eyeshadow shades you used!

    Beauty & The Bird | Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're my first comment!
      Aww thank you! I just recently got Urban Decay Naked and loving the shades too! :) glad you like the eye makeup!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pictures and great to see you've used essence products. Where did you get them from? I know the brand from Germany and I love their liquid eyeliner.

    Carolin x

    http://lunchbreakadventures.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Carolin, I actually won the essence products but I've read you can get them Wilkonsons in the UK :) great quality brand.

      Sammie xx

      Delete
    2. http://www.wilko.com Essence products x

      Delete
    3. Great! Will have a look next time I'm in Wilko's. Hope you're having a great Sunday x

      Carolin xxxxx

      Delete