Sunday 5 October 2014

Not the Highlight of my Day..


I was sent a product to review on behalf of ProductTesting.uk.com. The product they sent me was No7 Instant Radiance Bronzing Highlighter.

You can find the product in Boots for £9.95.

I've never used a highlighter in my life, maybe a shimmering cream for my cheekbones, but never a highlighter. So you can imagine my excitement when I received this product. 


I give credit to No7 for the size, which is a perfect for carrying it in your purse or handbag, providing you that option for 'touch up and go'. The highlighter has similarities to a lipstick, with it's handy size and swivel end.


When removing the lid off the highlighter you are greeted with a beautiful shiny, glossy balm stick. It looks truly radiant and shimmery. The texture feels creamy, soft and does give quite a bit of coverage. A little goes a long way.


Eager to try this product I swatched it on my hand first to show you the colour and texture.
On my hand, the left swatch is just a simple sweep of the product straight onto my hand. As you can see it is very creamy and has a bronze appearance. The swatch on the right shows the highlighter blended in, giving a more subtle radiant glow.


I applied it to my cheekbones and just above my brow, as pictured below.

Before
Applied highlighter
After Highlighter
 So as you can see, it does give a very subtle radiant glow (if you look closely) but it didn't exactly WOW me. I can't really complain though the description on the stick says "Create an instant radiant glow. Sweep gently onto cheek and brow bones to create a subtle shimmering finish." So it did exactly what it says on the tin, but I was hoping for a bit more pzazz! Mind you though, if you like this level of subtlety then this product would be perfect for you. I also reckon if you have a darker skin tone or like a strong bronze then this product would suit you well, as I'm not really a fan of the bronze look, as i'm quite pale. I will probably use this product when I go on holiday, as I feel the highlighter would compliment my tan.

Thanks for reading! and A massive thank you to ProductTesting.uk.com for sending me this product to review!

1 comment:

  1. sounds lovely! i may try it out! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/zoella-beauty.html xx

    ReplyDelete