Tuesday 23 September 2014

I LOVE Autumn Plums


Just to reiterate, if you hadn't guessed already, I LOVE AUTUMN. What's not to love? Wellies, coats, layers, jumpers, hats, scarves, gloves, kicking leaves and rain. Rain maybe not so much, but I love everything else!


So being the first day of the Autumn Equinox, I've decided to attempt an eye shadow look using shimmery smokey plums and some neutral shades. I'd probably wear this on a night out for going for an evening meal.


To begin you will need..


















Products Above I Used;

  • Urban Decay NY City Palette
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
  • Bourjois Paris Happy Light Primer - Matte Serum
  • Essence I Love Smokey Eye Jumbo Pencil
  • Essence Super Fine Liquid Pen Eyeliner
  • Bourjois Paris 1 Seconde Volume Mascara in black
  • Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil with Brush
Feel free to use any of your own substitutes!

Brushes I used;



  • (Clean) Fluffy Blending Brush - Topshop 
  • Deluxe Crease Brush - Real Techniques Starter Kit
  • Crease Line - MOXI Rose Gold Makeup Brush
  • Base Shadow Brush - Real Techniques Starter Kit
  • Accent Brush - Real Techniques Starter Kit
Let's Begin

1. I used my Urban Decay NY City palette but feel free to try and copy by using your own similar shades. By using your own shades and products you're more likely to create something that you're comfortable with.  

I applied "Midnight Cowboy Rides Again" (strange name, I know) all over my lid to create the first layer, using the 'Base Shadow Brush'.





2. Picking up the 'Moxi Crease brush' I apply 'Last Call' directly on the crease line to create depth. Make sure this line is quite prominent.






3. Continuing this depth until the look is really smokey, add a mixture of colours similar to the ones pictured below, to create a plum/purple shade. I mixed 'Rockstar', 'Last Call' and a small amount of 'Perversion' to add to the depth. Be careful not to ad too much black as it could start to look gothic.

4. Using the 'Deluxe Crease brush' apply these darker colours in circular motions to 'buff' out the colour along the crease.





5. Pick up the 'Fluffy brush' and blend out any harsh lines, heading out towards your brow line. You can add a highlighter to make your eyes pop. Same again with the inner corners of your eyes.

6. Line your lid with a winged eyeliner, use where your eye shadow finishes as a guide for the angle of the flick.

7. Apply these same colours on your waterline and smudge them for a smokey effect. Finish with your favorite black eyeliner.

8. Finish with your favourite mascara and viola! That's it!



Hope you liked this look - it appears much more plum like off camera, shame the photos don't show the colours as well.

Thanks for reading! :)

4 comments: