Sunday 5 October 2014

I LOVE HI Impact Brows

Today I just wanted to write a quick post because I'm aware I need to try and catch up on my blogging a little bit, as I've started back at Uni again and I'ts hard trying to find time to sit down with my laptop. And as well with the wintery months creeping closer the daylight just seems to disappear within the blink of an eye and I don't always get a good photos to put on the blog because they're too dark!

Now I've got that cleared up, I just wanted to review this beautiful little product from HI Impact Brows. I did a little research and found them on Amazon to purchase for £17.99. Which in my opinion is a little steep for a palette with only 4 shades and an angled applicator brush. But the results may change your mind!

 As you've probably guessed already, it's a positive review! ;)

HI Impact Brows come in a beautifully sleek little black box. The palette itself is small enough to fit in your purse/handbag to carry around with you and contains 4 shades depending on your eyebrow hair colour.




All the colours are pretty much the same in the picture as they are in reality except the darkest colour looks black. The products are in my opinion, basically eye shadows, well that's how they appear anyway. You are also given an angled applicator brush to apply the powder based shadows to your brows. The shadows are completely matte, which is good as I can't imagine many people would want shimmery brows. They also have decent pigmentation and you can tell they are of good quality. Another handy little plus for this palette is that because they are basically shadows you could double up and use it as an emergency eye shadow palette, the brown shades are beautiful for neutral eye makeup.

The first picture shows what my eyebrow looked like previously to the application..
Please excuse my lack-of-makeup face. :(
Here, the brow looks too dark and 'obvious' - not sure why.
Same brow just appears lighter here.
My Brows look a little bit more part of the look now I've added eye makeup.
Just to clarify I really do not like the 'sharpie full eyebrow look'. I actually cannot stand it. In my case, my brows are neither dark nor light, they're just meh. When I apply pencil I have to be careful not to apply to much pressure, or else I end up with my brows way too dark for my hair and face.

The beauty of this palette is, that because they are ultimately just shadows, they appear much more softer and natural which I prefer. I reckon if you applied pencil first, then finished the look with the shadow on top it would fill in any gaps and make your eyebrows stay on all night! As the powder would just set the brow in place.

Other than that I'm completely impressed, the brow shadows matched my shade perfectly, as I was given the option of a few natural shades I could mix to make the perfect one. However I do wonder, why there is no lighter shades for blonde brows or more ginger shades for ginger brows.

If you're a hardcore pencil brow lover, I hope I may have swayed you to try using a powder shadow instead!

Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely little kit! Looks great :)
    www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete